MALAYSIA TRADITIONAL AND COMPLEMENTARY MEDICINE DIVISION
Traditional and complementary medicine division aspires to be a centre of excellence for traditional and complementary healthy practices.
Traditional and complementary Medicine Division will ensure that the practice of traditional and complementary healthcare is safe and effective for the benefit of the citizen.
We are committed to implement regulatory and standard system of healthcare practice of traditional and complementary medicine that is efficient towards enhancing level and quality of public wellness by implementation of MS 9001:2000
Policy and Development
- Plan policies and implementation strategies of acts, regulations and guidelines
- Plan the development of programs and activities
- Evaluate the effectiveness of programmes
- Provide consultation
Practice and Registration
- Plan and implement registration of practitioners
- Receive and process T&CM Practitioners application
- Develop guideline for T&CM safe practice
Standard and Quality
- Develop standard for educational programme as an effort to upgrade T&CM Practitioners.
- Conduct awareness programme about T&CM to Ministry of Health staffs through Continuous Medical Education (CME) and Continuous Professional Development (CPD)
- Collaborate with Malaysian Qualification Agency (MQA) in awareness activities about Quality Assurance for Educational Programme to practitioners bodies and institute that offer T&CM course.
Inspectorate and Enforcement
- Plan surveillance activities and monitor practitioners as well as their respective premises
- Conduct enforcement activities
- Plan exhibition and public education programmmes
- Act on complaints pertaining to T&CM practitioners and premises
Research and Development
- To coordinate the research activities of Traditional and Complementary Medicine in collaboration with other related agencies
- To evaluate the evidence-based studies studies in Traditional and Complementary Medicine through systematic review and primary agencies.
- To prepare the database for all the existing evidence based studies in Traditional and Complementary Medicine